On this page, you will find links to:
-School/year group/class closure contingency plan
-PowerPoint/Video lesson introductions
-Virtual Book Week and special video readings of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
-Cooking with Kivi; 6 episodes
-Home workout videos, with our PE leader Alex Nichols
-Listen and Read Along, with Mr Cohen
-Virtual assemblies; almost 30 assemblies to watch and enjoy
COVID-19 School or Year Group Closure Contingency Plan
Please click here to see the school’s COVID-19 ‘School or Year Group Closure Contingency Plan’.
PowerPoint / Video Lesson Introductions
Please open the correct folder for your child’s year group, using the password sent to parents separately. The year group sections will be cleared and updated every two weeks with new narrated PowerPoints / videos.
Work packs are prepared weekly and are available to collect on Sundays from the Golders Green and Edgware locations at the times as shared with parents via school email/text. Uncollected packs and completed work boxes will be returned to the school on Monday morning.
Virtual Book Week
There are lots of special ‘remote’ activities taking place this week for Book Week, including a special book reading (see below) and a competition for all pupils as mentioned in this letter.
‘Charlie and the Chocolate Factory‘ read by a real life Oompah Loompah!
Watch and listen to a new chapter each day from Tuesday to Friday this week. Click here for access to the book read web page.
Copyright law – please note that under the ‘Fair Dealing’ aspect of copyright law, the book read can be watched by our pupils and their immediate families but cannot be forwarded on to anyone outside of our school.
Password to access the book read has been sent separately to the school’s parent body.
Cooking with Kivi
Join Chef Kivi Sager in the kitchen every Tuesday as he takes Pardes boys through his very own tasty, special home-cooking recipes. The chef will be assisted by… your Headteacher!
Just click the links below to get cooking and baking…
Pre-Shavuos SPECIAL!!!… Auntie Tsivia’s Dulche de Leche Cheesecake!
(ingredients: pot of whipping cream, tube of baking cream cheese, 1 cup of sugar, 1 cup of milk, 3 tablespoons of vanilla flavour pudding powder, pie base, pot of Dulche de Leche spread)
ENGLISH FISH AND CHIPS (WITH MUSHY PEAS) – The healthy version
(ingredients: plain flour, 2 eggs, breadcrumbs, fish fillets – cod recommended, cooking spray, home-made chips – made from regular potatoes/sweet potatoes etc)
(ingredients: 3/4 cup of oil, 1 cup of sugar, 2 eggs, 4 cups of flour, 2 tsps of baking powder, 1/2 tsp of salt, 1tsp vanilla essence, 1/4 cup of orange juice, 2 tsps of lemon juice and… any flavours you like! Chef Kivi used chocolate, chocolate spread, Lotus spread, peanut butter & strawberry jam. Additional toppings: marshmallows, chocolate chips & sprinkles)
HOME BAKED 12″ ITALIAN PIZZA
(ingredients: 1 packet of yeast, 2 tbsp of honey, 1 cup of warm water, 3 1/2 cups of plain flour, 1 tsp of salt, 1/4 cup of oil, pizza or pasta sauce, grated cheese and any toppings you like!). CLICK HERE TO READ SOME COOL PIZZA FACTS!
(ingredients will make 8 – 10 soufflés: 4 eggs, 2/3 cup of flour, 3/4 cup of sugar, 160g of baking chocolate, 160g of butter/margarine)
(ingredients will make up to 12 pancakes: 1 3/4 cup of flour, 3 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder, 1 tsp of salt, 1 1/2 cups of milk, 2 eggs)
Alex Nichols ‘Home Workout’ just for Pardes pupils
Workout videos prepared by our very own PE leader and professional sports coach, Alex Nichols. Just add your own music and start working out and keeping fit at home boys.
Mr Cohen’s ‘Listen and Read Along’ for Years 5 and 6
New daily chapters in the password-protected Year 5 and 6 areas of the website.
Copyright law – please note that under the ‘Fair Dealing’ aspect of copyright law, the book can be read along with or listened to by our pupils but cannot be forwarded on to anyone outside of our school.
COVID-19 Catch-up Premium Grant
Please click here for details regarding the COVID-19 catch-up premium grant and:
- how it is intended that the grant will be spent.
- how the effect of this expenditure on the educational attainment of those pupils at the school will be assessed.
COVID-19 Weekly Virtual Assemblies 2020 – 2021
Please click on the links below to take you to the Headteacher’s weekly virtual assemblies recorded during the COVID-19 pandemic. The assemblies have been educational, informative, covering a lot of areas, entertaining and great fun for the boys (and their families, friends and others) to watch (and for the Headteacher to make!). We hope you enjoy these too…
- The Iconic Red Telephone Box assembly, 07 05 2021
- World Earth Day assembly, 23 04 2021
- The Jigsaw Puzzle assembly, 09 04 2021
- Secret Codes and code breaking assembly, 12 03 2021
- Mission to Mars assembly, 05 03 2021
- Lightbulbs, Inventions and Inspiration assembly, 12 02 2021
- History of Parking Meters assembly, 05 02 2021
- New American President assembly, 22 01 2021
- Story and Special Message assembly, 15 01 2021
- COVID-19 quiz assembly, 08 01 2021
- Recycling assembly, 04 12 2020
- Honesty assembly, 27 11 2020
- History of Medicines quiz assembly, 20 11 2020
- American Election assembly, 13 11 2020
- Remembrance assembly, 11 11 2020
- Guy Fawkes assembly, 06 11 2020
- Who am I? assembly, 30 10 2020
- Lord Nelson assembly, 25 09 2020
- Post-it Notes Origins assembly, 11 09 2020
- Energy of the Future assembly, 03 07 2020
- Story Time 2 assembly, 26 06 2020
- Magna Carta assembly, 19 06 2020
- Cricket Quiz assembly, 12 06 2020
- Flying Bikes assembly, 05 06 2020
- Wellbeing assembly, 22 05 2020
- Story Time 1 assembly, 15 05 2020
- 75th VE Day assembly, 08 05 2020