Pardes House… Providing solid foundations – Creating tools for growth – Building confidence for the future
Welcome to the website of Pardes House Primary School.
Pardes House is an expanding one-form, single-sex, voluntary aided Orthodox Jewish boys’ primary school, with over 350 pupils. The school is located in Finchley, North West London, in the London Borough of Barnet. The school’s prime catchment is the Jewish communities of north west London and sometimes beyond. The majority of pupils come into the school from the private Nursery on the same site and almost all live in North West London.
A significant proportion of the day is dedicated to the Jewish Studies curriculum, which is taught alongside the National Curriculum. To accommodate the dual curriculum, the school day is long; 8.40 – 4.15 and 8.40 – 5.00 on Wednesdays for Years 4 – 6. Extended services are provided through various clubs both before and after school.
In providing high quality Jewish and secular education, our goal is to ensure that our pupils are equipped to successfully live a strict Torah-observant life and excel in their lives in the world. Our pupils are taught to value truth, honesty, respect for everyone, including the country they live in and its history, a lifelong love of learning and to develop great self-discipline.
Aims of Pardes House
- To give the boys a love of Torah learning and practice.
- To inculcate the boys with sense of social responsibility and an appreciation that these are fundamental to all aspects of life.
- To ensure that pupils reach the highest possible standards in their קודש (Jewish) and חול (Secular) studies.
- To encourage positive attitudes and exemplary behaviour in pupils in order to develop high self-esteem and confidence.
- Pupils will become progressively more independent and responsible members of the school community.
- Maturity and greater self-awareness will enable pupils to understand and respect the rights of others.
- To develop links with the wider community of which the school is part.
About this website
Under the guidance of senior Rabbinic leadership in the North West London Jewish community and the school’s governing body, the policy of the school is that online communication, including the world wide web, should be used with great care. Parents and carers are expected to support and accept this position.
This publicly accessible website holds both statutory information about the school such as the weekly newsletters, which regularly celebrate the children’s work and activities, as well as other important information and pages. We also use the internet for sharing letters with parents.
Menahel: Rebbe S Roitenbarg Headteacher: Mr J Sager MA B.Ed NPQH FCCT Head Boy: S Scharfer
Chair of Governors: Mr A Sprung Founding Principal: Rabbi E Halpern z”tl